Frequently Asked Questions
Is my blog eligible for inclusion in Illinois Lawyer Now?
Legal blogs are eligible for inclusion in Illinois Lawyer Now if the author of the blog is an ISBA member or the blog is associated with a firm that employs at least one ISBA member.
How do I sign up to be included?
Members are invited to submit their blogs by filling out a short online form. After filling out the form, staff will verify that the blog meets the ISBA’s inclusion criteria, and if it does, the blog will be added to Illinois Lawyer Now and its content will automatically appear there whenever the blog is updated.
Why was my blog post promoted or removed?
The ISBA reserves the right to promote or remove any blog posts at the ISBA’s sole discretion. The ISBA is not required to provide reasons for promoting or removing any blog post.
How do I improve the likelihood of my blog post being promoted on Illinois Lawyer Now
- Blogs that feature substantive legal news or information are more likely to be promoted by the ISBA. This type of content is of interest to a larger segment of the membership. Promotional posts and press releases will not be highlighted.
- Blogs that contain artwork. The recommended image specification is 1200 pixels by 630 pixels. This number is based on the Facebook social share size. However, posts are not required to contain artwork in order to be promoted.
- Blogs should not promote non-ISBA continuing legal education (CLE) offerings. Any posts promoting CLE sponsored by organizations other than the ISBA will be removed from Illinois Lawyer Now.
- Blogs that publish on a regular basis are more likely to have timely and relevant information of interest to the ISBA membership.
- Posts that are correctly formatted. Titles should be short, specific, and clear. Limit your post’s word count to around 300 to 600 words.