IL immigration lawyerSimply having a job in the United States is not enough to qualify you for an adjustment of status based on your employment. A lot of immigrants with visas work, but not all can obtain permanent residency using an employment-based visa. Getting your status adjusted based on your employment requires your employer’s cooperation. The company you work for will need to help you apply, and this can be a tedious process that not all employers are willing to go through. You also need to meet other requirements that may not be easy to prove. If you are seeking an adjustment of status based on your work, you need a highly skilled DuPage County, IL immigration attorney.

The Basic Requirements for Getting an Employment-Based Green Card

You must be able to meet these basic requirements to be eligible for an employment-based adjustment of status: