With over 300 new laws taking effect January 1, 2024, some that could have a substantial impact on your business include:
- The Federal Corporate Transparency Act requires a business to file with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network.
- New criminal penalties for doxing, deep faking and cyberbullying.
- New residential construction requires EV compatible parking.
- Multi-occupancy business bathrooms may be used by any gender.
- Minimum wage increased to $14.00 per hour.
- Paid leave for all workers at 1 hour for every 40 worked.
- Extended bereavement time off.
- Picketing protections and limitations.
If you have any questions or if problems arise, please contact us.
This Bulletin is designed to provide our friends and clients with information regarding the various subject matters covered, it is not designed to take place of legal, accounting, or other professional advice. If expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought. This memorandum may constitute advertising under the rules regulating Illinois attorneys.