Blog ImageBeing criminally convicted of a crime by a judge, jury, or through your own admission does not necessarily spell the end of the journey. Unless explicitly stated otherwise during sentencing, you still have the right to fight the conviction and sentence if you so desire. Time is of the essence and you will need to file an appeal or withdraw your plea as soon as possible. For help with the entire process, consult an attorney to enlist in your fight.

How To Withdraw a Guilty Plea

You can wait until a judge or jury decides on your sentence before choosing to withdraw a guilty plea. You can ask the judge to reconsider the sentence they have chosen to hand down or withdraw the plea itself by filing a motion to withdraw. However, once you choose to withdraw a plea and the judge grants it, the case will begin as if the plea never existed.