In Illinois, motorcycles are a prevalent mode of transportation, and it is easy to understand why given the state’s tens of thousands of miles of level roads and pleasant year-round weather. In contrast to other vehicles on the road, motorbikes offer little safety, and when an accident involving a motorcycle driver occurs, the injuries can be severe. The Champaign office of Phillips Law Office is here to help as a specialist in motorcycle accident injury claims. We have been helping out our clients in Champaign, IL with our best Champaign motorcycle accident attorney
Motorcycle Accident- The Moment of Fear and Confusion
There is a lot of confusion when there is a motorcycle accident. What should I do now? Whom should I consult for a claim or medical help? It is important to focus on your physical and mental rehabilitation and leave everything else in the hands of a skilled and experienced professional who will handle it professionally for your and your family’s benefit.
Protecting yourself and your loved ones before an accident occurs is much more crucial. When you connect with our team, we provide you with an experienced attorney to ensure you get assistance for an insurance claim.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Compared to cars, motorcycle accidents are quite often, and there are many accidents. This is the major reason motorcycle accident victims face more fatality. Every year, distracted driving results in many motorcycle accidents when the driver on the opposite side is distracted. Motorcycle accidents sometimes result from irresponsible driving, which occurs when larger cars speed, follow motorcyclists too closely, fail to indicate turns, and exhibit other risky driving behaviors.
Motorcycle accidents frequently result from failure to heed traffic signals and signs. A larger vehicle’s driver can strike a motorcycle and seriously injure them if they run a red light. Other frequent reasons for motorcycle accidents in Champaign, Illinois, include drunk drivers of larger vehicles, collisions caused by merging lanes, collisions with doors, and equipment failure accidents.
Injuries caused due to Motorcycle Accidents
Even though the rider is wearing protective gear, there is a high chance of an accident-causing injury. Some of the most common injuries caused during motorcycle accidents are-
- Scratches from debris and asphalt embedded in the skin.
- Multiple broken bones
- Traumatic amputation of limbs
- Joint injuries
- Internal organ damage and internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
If you are any close ones facing these injuries, it is best to connect with the Champaign motorcycle accident attorney at Phillips Law Office.
Some stats regarding Motorcycle Accidents in Illinois
As per the 2020 Accident Facts and Statistics, motorcycle accidents make up 1.2 percent of all collisions in Illinois but 14.1 percent of fatal collisions and 4.2 percent of injury collisions.
- In 2020, 152 motorcycle fatalities and 2,404 injuries occurred in Illinois.
- Compared to just 7.1% of those injured in passenger automobiles, 39% of those hurt in motorcycle accidents suffer from “A-injuries,” or crippling injuries.
- Similarly, in urban regions like Chicago, more than 66 percent of motorcycle accidents in Illinois occurred.
What to do after Motorcycle Accidents in Champaign, Illinois
It is common to have some confusion when facing motorcycle accidents in Champaign, Illinois.
Attorneys at Phillips Law Office are skilled at providing the aid you require post-motorcycle accident. Following a collision, our motorcycle accident attorneys in Champaign, IL, advise you to do the following to secure the necessary medical attention and strengthen your claim.
- Get Safety Assistance- To avoid oncoming traffic, move out of the way if you can.
- Get Information From the Scene- This can include images, contact information for eyewitnesses, or anything the negligent driver says to you.
- Get Medical Help Right Now- Even if you don’t think your injuries are significant, get medical attention. Pain can be concealed by adrenaline, and X-rays or MRIs can only detect certain injuries.
- Call Phillips Law Office- You must document all the happenings after the collision. It will be helpful for the claim settlement purpose. Contact our team to get the negotiation done for economic and non-economic damages.
What is the worth of a Motorcycle Accident Injury in Champaign, Illinois?
Every motorcycle accident attorney at Phillips Law Office does all in their power to secure the best financial compensation for wounded clients in Champaign and around Illinois. The overall compensation depends on the injury type and loss you are facing.
- The complete scope of medical care required to treat your injuries.
- Your role in the accident.
- Whether your injuries caused long-term or permanent damage, disfigurement, or incapacity.
- If your injuries prevent you from working in the future.
- How your injuries affect your capacity for self-sufficiency and enjoyment of life.
Compensation for the Motorcycle Accidents
The victim and their family need to receive compensation after motorcycle accidents. After an accident, victims have a protracted healing period during which they cannot return to work, if at all. All economic and noneconomic losses are included in the compensation under the motorcycle accident injury claim. Any out-of-pocket costs, such as medical expenses, property loss, lost wages, and the loss of future benefits and income, are considered economic losses. Non-economic losses cover the victim’s pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life in addition to any disability and disfigurement brought on by accident.
The overall amount claimed by the victim party gets reduced against the amount claimed. A party, however, is not permitted to seek compensation for injuries if they are judged to have contributed 50% or more to the accident. As an illustration, if a victim of a motorbike accident who sustained $100,000 in damages were 10% at blame for the accident, the total compensation would be lowered to $90,000. In the identical case, the sufferer would not be compensated for their injuries if they were determined to be 60% at fault.
Connect with Champaign Motorcycle Attorney for Motorcycle
Every motorcycle accident attorney is aware of the severe financial and psychological the person faces after the collision in a motorcycle. Our team of experts works with the victim and ensures that they receive just compensation for any harm they have suffered as a result of the negligence of another individual. You require a reputable motorcycle accident attorney in Champaign, Illinois, who will stand up for you and pursue justice. Phillips Law Office works with victims and helps them get compensation and all assistance. Call us now or meet us at our office for a free consultation.
Champaign, Illinois to the Phillips Law Offices
Bloomington Car Accident Attorney
What Is the Collateral Source Rule in a Personal Injury Claim?
Left turn accident lawyer in Chicago
The post Champaign Motorcycle Accident Attorney appeared first on Phillips Law Offices.