Anyone who has ever been involved in an accident, especially those caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, knows the potential repercussions. Whether it is a car accident or medical malpractice, or any other type of personal injury situation, the possible damage can have long-lasting and life-altering effects.
Those involved in an accident in Chicago and sustained serious injuries or damages to their property must contact an experienced personal injury attorney to help them file personal injury claims against the responsible party. A Chicago persona injury lawyer can fight for your rights as a victim as well as compensation for your injuries and damages.
Accident victims deserve to focus on the healing and recovery process following the circumstances which led to the injuries. Rather than worrying about the piling of medical bills or fighting with insurance companies who want to settle for far less than the injuries are worth, accident victims should hire Chicago personal injury attorneys to handle their personal injury cases.
Benefits of Hiring Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers
There are a wide variety of benefits to hiring an experienced personal injury attorney to handle your claim. A personal injury lawsuit is a complicated matter that requires experience, expertise, and skills to properly represent your best interests as the victim of an accident. Here are some of the top advantages of hiring personal injury lawyers for your claim:
- Chicago personal injury attorneys can thoroughly investigate the circumstances of the accident, get access to medical records, and obtain expert testimony on your behalf.
- Expert attorneys are well-equipped to deal with insurance companies that are hoping to minimize the injuries and damages you are fighting to get compensation for in your Chicago personal injury lawsuit.
- A great Chicago personal injury lawyer will represent your best interests in and out of the courtroom and work for the best possible outcome for your personal injury claim.
- Accident victims can rely on their Chicago personal injury attorneys to handle the stress and concerns related to the personal injury lawsuit so that they can focus on healing.
- Those personal injury lawyers who work on a contingency basis do not require payment from their clients unless they win the Chicago personal injury claims.
With these benefits and more (depending on your personal injury claim), it is clear that hiring a Chicago personal injury lawyer such as ours at the law offices of Michael J. Brennan is a wise decision.
Questions to Ask When Hiring Personal Injury Attorneys
Now that you understand how a Chicago personal injury lawyer could greatly benefit you, how do you find the right one to handle your personal injury claim? There are several important questions that you should ask before signing any contracts or putting your future in their hands.
These questions to ask potential personal injury attorneys include:
- What is your experience with my particular accident situation?
- Although a law firm may claim to handle personal injury cases, if the Chicago personal injury lawyers who work there do not have experience with your particular case (medical malpractice, 18-wheeler accident, slip, and fall, etc.), they may not be able to handle your personal injury case as well as another law firm in the area.
- Can I see the results/awards of your previous personal injury cases in Chicago, IL?
- A personal injury law firm should be more than happy to demonstrate its ability to obtain its clients’ best possible outcome. If they do not have any to share or the compensation amounts are clearly settlements from the insurance company, look elsewhere! This includes information about the awards that previous clients received for their cases in Chicago, IL.
- What kind of resources does your personal injury law firm have available for investigating and examining my personal injury claim?
- In addition to litigating in the courtroom and fighting for your rights as an accident victim, a personal injury lawyer should also have resources to assist with the case. Medical experts, traffic safety professionals, and other experts in various Chicago, IL, fields may need to be called upon during a personal injury case to help demonstrate why the accident injuries deserve compensation from the negligent or reckless party.
- What is your fee, and do you offer a free consultation?
- Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they do not get paid unless they win your claim. That takes a good deal of pressure from the client, who is already facing mounting medical bills and other expenses resulting from the accident, including the possibility of lost wages. You should also find out if the personal injury law firm offers a free consultation so that you do not have to pay for their time during an initial meeting, especially when you may not hire them.
These questions are essential when deciding which of the Chicago personal injury lawyers you hire to handle your case. To get a more in-depth response from our law firm about your personal injury lawsuit, contact the law offices of Michael J. Brennan.
Contact Our Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been involved in a serious accident resulting from the recklessness or negligence of another person and sustained injuries, you may be eligible to file for a personal injury lawsuit. To find out if your circumstances qualify, contact experienced personal injury attorneys such as ours at the Law Offices of Michael J. Brennan to discuss your case.
At the Law Offices of Michael J. Brennan, our personal injury law firm in Chicago, IL, is dedicated to helping the victims of accidents get the compensation they deserve for their injuries and damages. We understand the effects of severe injuries, and we take personal injury cases very seriously. Our legal team will hold the negligent party responsible, work diligently for the best possible outcome, and give you the legal advice you need.
Contact our Chicago law firm today to discuss your serious injury case with our team! From wrongful death to medical malpractice cases, we can handle it all.
The post 4 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Chicago Injury Attorney appeared first on Michael J. Brennan.