The Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act provides in section 513, that a court has the authority to enter an order requiring a divorced parent or parent of a child out of wedlock to help pay for the college expenses. | O’Flaherty Law – Learn About Law Legal Articles, Videos & Podcasts with O’Flaherty Law