It’s time to double-check if you’re using the correct court forms. Over the past couple of weeks, the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Access to Justice (ATJ Commission) has announced updates to several court forms, as part of its annual review or in response to law or rule changes.
And, due to the Court’s recent website update, the web addresses for all court forms have changed. Make sure to check any form links on your website to ensure they’re directing users to the correct place.
Information on the form updates is below.
Comprehensive Suite updates
Due to comprehensive updates, links to the landing pages for the form suites (rather than links to each individual form), are included below.
All forms in the suites listed have generally been updated.
- Civil Procedure
- Answer/Response – https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/documents-and-forms/approved-forms/circuit-forms/answer-response
- Appearance – https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/documents-and-forms/approved-forms/circuit-forms/forms-appearance
- Interpreter Request – https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/forms/approved-forms/forms-approved-forms-circuit-court/interpreter-request
- Motion & Motion to Continue – https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/documents-and-forms/approved-forms/circuit-forms/circuit-forms-motion
- Motion to Appoint Special Process Server – https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/forms/approved-forms/forms-approved-forms-circuit-court/motion-to-appoint-special-process-server
- Proof of Delivery – https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/forms/approved-forms/forms-approved-forms-circuit-court/proof-of-delivery
- Summons – https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/forms/approved-forms/forms-approved-forms-circuit-court/summons
- Fee Waiver – https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/forms/approved-forms/forms-approved-forms-circuit-court/fee-waiver-civil
- Criminal Procedure
- Certificate of Good Conduct – https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/forms/approved-forms/good-conduct
- Adult Expungement – https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/forms/approved-forms/forms-approved-forms-circuit-court/expungement-sealing
- Fee/Assessment Waiver for Criminal Cases – https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/forms/approved-forms/forms-approved-forms-circuit-court/fee-assessments-waiver-criminal
- Notice of Appeal – https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/forms/approved-forms/approved-statewide-forms-appellate-forms/notice-of-appeal/
- Docketing Statement – https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/forms/approved-forms/approved-statewide-forms-appellate-forms/docketing-statement
- Request for Preparation of Record on Appeal – https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/forms/approved-forms/approved-statewide-forms-appellate-forms/request-for-prepartion-of-record-on-appeal
- Fee Waiver – https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/documents-and-forms/approved-forms/appellate-forms/feewaiver
- Supreme Court
Small Claims Complaint suite
In addition, the ATJ Commission has announced updates to four court forms in the Small Claims Complaint suite. The updated forms include:
- Getting Started Small Claims Complaint
- How to File & Serve a Small Claims Complaint & Small Claims Summons
- Small Claims Complaint
- Small Claims Summons
Please implement these updated forms immediately and discontinue the use of the previous versions. The remaining forms in the Small Claims Compliant suite haven’t been changed and can continue to be used.
Rule 10-101 implementation deadline
The ATJ Commission shared best practices for transitioning forms ahead of the September 1, 2021, Rule 10-101 implementation deadline. These include:
- Be sure to post links to the fillable forms from the Supreme Court’s new website (https://www.illinoiscourts.gov/documents-and-forms/approved-forms/) to make sure they direct users to the most up-to-date forms.
- Print forms for court users on-demand to save printing costs until all updates are made.
- Email Israel Putnam, Senior Program Manager, Forms at the AOIC (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check for any court form updates before printing large orders.
The ATJ Commission notes there are still several court forms across various areas of law that will be updated shortly, including Orders of Protection.
Staying up to date on issues impacting the legal profession is vital to your success. Subscribe here to get the Commission’s weekly news delivered to your inbox.
The post Are You Using the Right Court Forms? ATJ Commission Releases Several Form Updates appeared first on 2Civility.