In order for a parent to regain guardianship, there must be a substantial change in circumstances and supporting evidence to demonstrate that it is in the child’s best interest to return to the care of the biological parents. For example, if the child was removed from custody of the parents because of a substance abuse problem, the parents can file a Petition to Discharge Guardianship of a Minor to regain primary care of the child if they can prove that their abuse issues have been resolved.