The Basics of Employment Policies, Handbooks & Contracts; 12/19; 3:00 to 4:30 p.m.; City Hall, 121 N. La Salle St – 8th Floor, Room 805; Presented by Charles Krugel
Learn about the reasons to have, or not have, employee policies, handbooks & contracts with employees. Management side labor & employment attorney Charles Krugel will discuss with you the basics of policies & handbooks, such as what policies to have, how to communicate those policies, & whether or not to restrict employees from working for your competitors or soliciting your customers or employees away from you.
City of Chicago | Department of Business Affairs & Consumer Protection, www.cityofchicago.org/businessworkshops
All workshops are free and are located in City Hall, 121 N. LaSalle St., Chicago. To register for a workshop e-mail BACPoutreach@cityofchicago.org or call 312.744.2086.
Also, for 2019, I’m excited to announce that I’ll be moderating the entire HR, Talent Management & Employment Law Boot Camp for Financial Poise. I’ve been a panelist for many Financial Poise webinars over the years & appreciate this opportunity to moderate an entire series. More information about other panelists will be forthcoming. Here’s the schedule:
- Wednesday, 4/3/19, Welcome to the Team! Recruiting and Hiring, Including Restrictive Covenants.
- Show Them the Money: Wage & Hour Compliance; Wednesday 5/8/19.
- Wednesday, 6/5/19, An Ounce of Prevention: Policies, Procedures and Proactivity.
- Time for a Break: Managing Leaves of Absence and Accommodating Disabilities; Wednesday, 7/10/19.
- I Know What You Did Last Summer: Workplace Investigations; 8/7/19.
- It’s So Hard To Say Goodbye: Minimizing Risk When Terminating Employees; Wednesday, 9/4/19.
Financial Poise provides unbiased news, continuing education, and intelligence to private business owners, executives, investors, and their trusted advisors.